Search

Content

Monday 29 September 2014

Experimentation















The last few days, we have mostly been spent experimenting. To the horror of the print artisans who are used to traditional methods of printing, we mixed and clashed prints, scrunched and tore fabric, misaligned purposely, printed in differing directions, stenciled, hand painted - completely upheaving the traditional practice.

I found that I particularly enjoyed hand painting after block printing. Using the concentrated print dyes, I would dilute them accordingly and just using a paintbrush, painted directly onto my pre-printed fabrics. This is something I could perhaps explore in my final garment construction.

We also experimented with our own woodblock designs, printing them in different ways and with complimentary woodblocks and continued to push the boundaries of traditional woodblock printing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog